Sunday, March 23, 2014

Golden birthdays, part 1.

Sunday, March 23, 2014
(^ Video! ^)
So on the 22nd, Shane, Scott and I were in Wollongong. Their friends had a party the night before, where I met their friend Jason, and then the four of us proceeded to venture down to Jervis Bay. We looked for accommodation for the night for a while (as JB is about 2.5 hours south of Sydney) until we found a caravan/cabin a few miles away. Before heading there, though, we looked out to the water at Jervis and found this bad boy under the dock! Scott has fucking dagger eyes, I swear it. Amazing
(^ Video! ^)
Then, after getting some snacks, drinks, sparklers, Tim tams, birdseed, and our cabin, we headed to the birds. It was just a park near the beach, but if you knew where to look you could have THIS! My sister did it years ago when she was here, so now it was my turn. Covered in rainbow lorikeets. Magical for sure. And, on the drive there I saw my first kangaroos around town!
After that, we meandered down to the beach, where I was totally overwhelmed.. White sand, blue and green water, rocks, tide pools, herons, shells, barnacles, crabs, three sweets Aussie boys, beer, and me. I had to walk away for a moment cause I was so blown away. Literally welled up, briefly! Such a breathtaking moment. And though the next day and earlier that day and later than night were all great, something about this moment stands out as the best.
(^ Video! ^)
After it started to rain a bit, we went to the grocery and got some food for dinner. Then we went back to the house and cooked and drank beer, and then at 11 walked down to the beach. At midnight they sang me happy birthday, along with an Aussie drinking song, and the we proceeded to do some sparklers and build a fire before retiring around 4. Really top notch.
P.s. The photo above of the vodka was our lamp until the fire was made! Haha. Also, shortly after this photo Shane put his hand in his book bag and then freaked out because he pulled out a 4" slug instead of rolling tobacco!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment