Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Little bits of progress

Wednesday, March 12, 2014
 

Sat at the Bourke Street Bakery two days ago (and had a suuuuper babely waiter) and added a little bit to the page. Had delicious coffee and a cheese & tomato croissant--the place is incredible. The food is awesome and the staff is lovely. I sat outside all afternoon and four different workers came up and complimented me and then chatted with me a bit! They even stopped by to say goodbye after their shifts ended! I think I'm going to go back there tomorrow for another go.

 

ibis and weird ribbon dancing old people
 

Yesterday I went to the botanical gardens all afternoon, which made for one of my favorite days yet. I was feeling pretty depressed about being stuck in such a big city for a whole month, so this was a much needed little excursion. Saw a foot-long lizard, butterflies, dragon flies, and tons of birds. Got a little sun, too. Then came back and drew this guy, who I'm not a huge fan of, but the type was fun.

 

Then today I went to Bondi Beach, which is a nice beach but I'm not a huge fan. Had a very frustrating time getting there as well. Got on the train which took me to a bus, then got on what I thought was the right bus. It had the proper number and name, but then after about a half hour on it I started to recognize my surroundings and realized it went the exact opposite direction of where I needed to be. So I got off, now 45 minutes from Bondi, with and interview to be at at 10:30 and it was around 10:10. So I nabbed the next bus, and closely followed its route on my gps to make sure I was going the right way. It was perfectly on point for about 35 minutes, and then two stops away starts going some crazy direction away from the beach! So I asked the bus driver and he said I was on the wrong bus. Which I was NOT. So he dropped me off a 15 minute walk away, where I then rushed like a maniac to the interview. I ended up being an hour late, sweaty, frazzled, and frustrated only to discover it didn't really matter. It wasn't even a proper interview, my interviewer wasn't even there (which she didn't tell me when I texted her to tell her I would be late), and mostly I just needed to call a number to get a NSW tattooers license before we can even chat about hiring me. Plus they don't really do guest positions and I'd have to stick around for 6 months. I couldn't handle Sydney another 6 weeks let alone months. Oh well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment